10/19/2007

Winter Wonderland

Here are my answers to the questions for the coffee swap:


What is your favorite kind of coffee? Any light roast. But i like Kona coffee and recently tried Folgers Gourmet coffee Light roast and it was pretty good. I also love German Tschibo coffee.

Do you prefer whole been or ground coffee? I prefer ground because I am lazy and don't want to fool around with grinding the beans.

This time of year, there are often Holiday Blends available , and many flavored coffee.Do you enjoy special blends? I love Kona Cookies/Cinnamon and Millbrooks Hazelnut/Cinnamon. I don't go to much for the holiday blends per se.

How do you take your coffee? I use only creamer (the liquid not powdered). And I like regular coffee but will drink decaf if that's all that is available.

Do you prefer to drink from a nice thick mug, or a matched cup and saucer? I love a thin cup which doesn't have to have a matching saucer. I'll use a mug if I have to but the thinner the better.

What is your favorite kind of winter? The end of it, lol, no, I love Christmas and get togethers with friends and family. Cookie exchanges and just about everything connected with the holidays.

Do you celebrate in December, and if yes, which holiday. We celebrate Christmas and New Year and have lots of fun doing both.

If you celebrate Christmas, do you put up a tree. Yes, indeed we do and having lots of fun trimming it. We also bake a birthday cake for Christmas to celebrate the borthday of Jesus.

Would you prefer items related to the holiday or winter-themed items that you collect. Either would be great. I used to collect santas but am trying to start a collection of ginger bread men.

Do you ever wear scarves, mittens or hats? I wear mittens and scarves sometime but no hats, they itch my head.

What is your favorite winter or holiday memory. I don't have one favorite. There are so many of them and I could never name them all. Actually they are all wonderful.

Do you knit or crochet? And how long? I crochet, and have done so for 55+ years.

Do you like, wood, metal or plastic needles/hooks. I love metal, don't like plastic to much and have never tried wood.

What sort of project do you enjoy making? Dishcloth, handbags (just finished a felted one and next week will try to start to crochet a pair of socks.

What is your favorite type of yarn you like to work with. I really don't have a favorite, just don't like to use scratchy wool.

Do you spin or dye? No, I do not do either.

Do you do other crafts such as needlepoint, scrap booking or anything else. I like to do cross stitch (not counted though), I do make some holiday cards sometime and various crafts with my granddaughter.

When is your birthday? In March.

Do you have children? Yes, I have three daughters (all grown) and five grandchildren. I live with one daughter's family and three of my grand kids and our dog Dash.

What are your favorite colors? I like all colors but purple or lavender are my favorite.

What is your favorite holiday treat? Too numerous to list. Everything I'm not supposed to eat since I am a diabetic.

Do you have any allergies? No.

2 comments:

SissySees said...

Next time you visit me, you'll have a THIN cup! I do have them, so I'm terribly sorry...

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Oh that's funny ma, I forgot how much you like thin cups. I'll have to keep that in mind. And you and your nasty folgers :p To each woman her own! <3 love you!