10/03/2007

Weekly happenings

Hello all, I have had a busy week and there is more to follow. Took a class with Lily Chin last weekend. Tips and tricks for crocheters, if you have a chance take it or the one for knitters, it is great and she is great. I did learn quite a few tricks and tips. Here's a picture of my daughter (on the right) and me with Lily Chin!


As you all know by now, I've tried my first felted bag, and if do say so myself, it turned out great!!

Here's some shots before felting:



And here's how it felted up:


My family is doing great. Clara my little 2 year old is on vacation with her parents, Avrey, my little one is turning 4 month this week and is growing like a weed. Katie, my granddaughter is loving school and they will be singing German songs at the October Fest this weekend. Tomorrow is last practice and the family is looking forward to going and enjoy them singing and the October Fest.

Tomorrow night we are all going out to dinner to celebrate my son-in-law's birthday. This is an annual happening,lol, and we are all looking forward to it.

Have another crocheting class tonight and I want to say, thank you again Jessi for my wonderful angel VVS package. Have a wonderful week everyone and I'll be back next week.

Oh, I almost forgot, check out Anne's Winter Wonderland Coffee Swap site. Join it cause it sounds like lots of fun. Bye now

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

<3 gorgeous momma!! And I'm still jealous ya'll got to see Lily Chin!

Dorothy said...

The bag is LOVELY!

Holly said...

I was visiting Anne's blog and I couldn't resist checking out your bag and it is a cute bag. Great job!

Storm said...

That bag does look good. I have been crocheting for years myself and just have a mental block when it comes to felting it. Care to tell us all about the experience?

SissySees said...

What a beautiful bag! Congrats!

I was just talking about you with Mark's grandfather; the Weather Channel flashed up your state and some cool (to us) temps, and he asked if I knew someone in Alaska...

Diane said...

I so wanna take a class from Lily Chin. Your bag looks beautiful. Isn't felting fun?

Surviving said...

Great bag!vo0pjoyko

Bubblesknits said...

The bag looks great! I love the colors you chose!

Friday Night Knit @thegrounds said...

Love your bag. My favorite color. And I love you receipe for Taco soup. I also put a small can of corn in with mine. I wanted to sign up for a class with Lily Chin .. the one on Knitting Tricks and tips.. but I had another commitment. Boo hoo. Sounds like everyone had fun. Tell Martina that we miss her on Friday Night at the Grounds. Come with her sometime. We have a blast and its lots of fun to see everyone projects. I was just updating our blog when I linked over from "The Bag Lady and the PRo. Come and visit. http://fridaynightknit.blogspot.com
Happy Knitting...errrr crocheting.
Linda
http://zingis2000knitter.blogspot.com