6/07/2007

Virtual Vacation Swap Questionnaire

Since I'm ON vacation, I thought it was a good time to sign up! You can go here for more info on this swap.

1. If you could visit any state in the US, which would it be and why?

Florida, because I've never been there and it sounds like a wonderful state where I could eat oranges off trees, be in the water, watch alligators, and have a great time! And visit Disneyworld! (or is it Land in Florida?)

2. If you could visit any country in the world, other than your own, which would it be and why?

Germany because it's my home and I have a lot of family living there.

3. Have you ever driven across several states/providence/countries?

Yes! I've traveled from Colorado we visited states all around, including at four corners. I've driven from Colorado to Alabama, and to Texas, and back again, through many states including Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Louisiana

4. Have you ever visited someplace you consider exotic? Where was it?

I think Spain is the most exotic place I've been to.

5. What was your favorite "travel" vacation? Why?

We used to take travel vacations at least once a month when I lived in Germany while my husband was stationed there. We'd go to places like Switzerland, Austria, Holland, Belgium, Luxumberg, France, England - I've also been to Denmark, Sweden and Norway. I enjoyed these trips because most of them were done as a family.

6. Have you ever played tourist in your own home city/state (if international, country)? Explain.

Yes, I've played tourist in Alaska and Colorado when I still lived there.

7. Are you a museum visitor, beach comber or an amusement seeker?

Beach Comber. I love the heat.

8. What's your favorite type of yarn?

Actually, my favorite kinds of yarn are usually the acrylics like Red Heart and Lion's Brand you can get at Wal-Mart or Michaels. For most things I like making, they're functional and work up just fine - not to mention, I can afford to buy them.

9. What's your least favorite type of yarn?

Wool. It seems to make me itchy to even work with it now, and I used to have to wear it as a child, because my mother would knit us stockings from wool, and man did they itch! It wasn't even nice wools like you can find today - mostly it was old sweaters that had pulled out to make stockings, because this was after the war.

10. What items do you like to knit/crochet?

I am a crocheter, and I enjoy making lots of baby blankets I sell in bazaars, dishrags, and hats and scarves - usually for things like my Girl Scout Troop.

11. What do you pack, knit/crochet wise when you go on vacation?

Some yarn, and a few hooks for whatever I'm working on.

12. What other crafts do you do/would like to do other than Knit/Crochet?

All kinds of things. I enjoyed making small projects with my girl scout troop (that I've given up after this year ended) or with my granddaughter. We've made bunnies from washcloths, potpourri filled jars and things like that.

I thinks sometimes I'd like learning how to make stained glass; I think it's beautiful, but I don't think I'd have the patience for it.

13. Are you allergic to anything? (Yarn wise or treat wise)

I'm not allergic to wool but have discovered recently that even crocheting with it tickles my nose.

14. What is your favorite color? Least Favorite?

Purple. I LOVE purple in all shades. I don't have a least favorite color.

15. Sweet or Savory (Treat not personality)?

Savory - I enjoy things like pretzels and nuts and chips, or slim jims - stuff like that far moreso than sweets. Especially since I really shouldn't eat sweets since I'm diabetic.

16. Anything else we are forgetting to ask that you think your partner desperately needs to know?

No, I don't think so.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Hello from a fellow knitter who also is on the summer tour with KVVS. I am not your secret pal, but wanted to say a warm welcome anyway.
I noticed on your question answers you said you love to be a beachcomber because you love the heat. I don't believe Alaska gets hot like it does, say here in California or in Georgia, although you do, indeed, have a beach.
Happy vacations (both the real ones where you leave home as well as the virtual one with your knitting pal).