6/11/2007

Vacation continued

Hello family and friends. Hope this finds you all well. I am doing great. Am in Virginia near Charlottsville and what a beautiful countryside. Channon and Mark are great hosts and I feel truly pampered. The weather is great sunny and warm, but not hot.

The trip up here was great for me. I think Anne got kind a tired as it was a long drive and I am no help driving. South Carolina as well as North Carolina are wonderful looking States. I had not been to either. As you can see on some of the pictures North Carolina has fields and fields of yellow lilies and even though we traveled on the interstate it still looked so pretty.

















Martina, guess what, yesterday on our way to shopping , we drove through Abermarle county and passed the city of Cozet. Yes, Rita Mae Brown and Sneaky Pie Brown live right here, a country side we are quite familiar with from the books.





We went shopping in Waynesboro and there are quite a few historic sides all around. Tomorrow it goes on to Alexandria and Washington D.C.. I am so exited to to go there and see sights that I know from history books. We have booked a sight seeing tour and will meet our bus at the old post office and go from there to see a lot of the various monuments and catch a glimpse of the White House.

Jacob and Martin, I hope the Ina K soccer tournament went good for you, and Katie how do you like soccer and your dance classes? Martina, congratulation again on your new job and Kirk, I hope all is well for you . I love and miss you all, mom.

1 comment:

Martina in AK said...

I didn't know there really is a Cozet! How neat! Did you see Monticello?