6/07/2007

Vacation continues

Hello, I'm back. This is Sunday and we went downtown Atalanta to Annie's favorite yarn shop. It was nice and we were even able to find close parking.I bought some cotton yarn for my secret pal in the dishcloth exchange.


On the way home I visited with a turtle as you can see. They are on different street corners like the salmon in Anchorage. Dinner was at KFC as neither one of us felt like cooking. We also took pictures of Magnolia trees because neither one of us knew what they were.

The next day was work for Annie and I stayed at home, did some laundry, cooked Fajitas for dinner, crochet, read and played computer games.

Tuesday we went allover the place buying stuff so I could bake some goodies for Annie's office. I went to a Super Target which did not impress me very much. In the evening I baked cookies, strawberry shortcakes and an apple cake. Oh, and we went to a German bakery where I got me a bread and a slice of plum cake, yummie.
Annie took it to work Wednesday and there was nothing left over, so I guess it was OK.

For dinner we had Sauerbraten and potato balls. Turned out pretty goood

Tonight is whatever night . We went to buy a cooler (styrofoam) at Big Lots for $5. We're trying to get packed and sandwiches made for the trip. Annie has to work 1/2 a day and then it is off to Virginia. I will post more after we get back and before I go to Dallas .

I miss you all, hope the boys will do great at the Ina K. Tell Katie I can't wait to see her dancing and playing soccer. Tina, Kirk, Martin, Jake and Katie I love you and see you soon, grandma.

Annie just got my computer to work and got me online. Try and send me an e-mail so we can see if its working.

2 comments:

Martina in AK said...

We are enjoying your blog, Oma...it's nice to see what you are doing! Jake has had 2 Ina K games; 2 wins: 7-1 and 4-1. Martin has had 2 as well; 2 ties. It is a very evenly matched bracket this year. Both boys are playing well, and Martin likes his new coach a lot. I am done with class and excited to have a new job! Hope your trip is a BLAST! I am so jealous! Chan works right by Monticello! That is so cool!

B said...

Ooh that looks good! I spent a semester of college in Germany and lived at a bakery--I still crave the food! I'm enjoying your vacation pics!