6/01/2008

Summer of Yarn Swap Questionnaire

Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been at your craft?

I crochet only - no knitting here, and for about the last 59 years :)

Do you spin? What type of spinning?

No, I don't spin.

What are your favorite yarns/fibers? What are your least favorite yarns/fibers?

I don't really have a favorite - I like soft wools, cottons, silks - just about anything, I hate scratchy wools - it reminds me of ickly wool I had to wear when I was little.

What are your favorite colors? What are your least favorite colors?

I like all colors, but I really prefer bright colors over pastels or deep shades. For example, I like fire engine red more than a deep maroon.

Are there any yarns/brands that you are dying to work with but never have?

None that I can think of offhand; I just got some bamboo from a pal, and that was new, but I'd love to try silk someday or something equally soft.

What is/are your favorite types of projects to knit/crochet?

Easy ones! I like making baby blankets and dishcloths but might be trying my first tank top soon!

What are you currently working on? Anything you plan to work on this summer?

Nothing! I have a sock and blanket in progress, along with a dishcloth, but I haven't worked on them lately! I will probably finish those up this summer, and perhaps work on the tank top too.

What is your favorite FO? (Post a pic if you would like.)

I love my baby blankets I make - and the moms seem to like them too! I also like some new dishcloth patterns I like.

What is your oldest UFO?

My socks. But my daughter says I'm gonna finish them soon.

Are there any techniques that you want to learn?

Not really - I am working on learning what it is I already know. I've been crocheting so long, but sometimes don't know the names of things when I read the pattern.

Are you on Ravlery? What's your ID?

No, I'm not on ravelry

Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Well, I have one pair started, but they've not been my favorite. My foot is women's size 7.5. However, if you chose to make socks for me, I am diabetic - the tops need to be loose and/or very stretchy.

Do you collect anything?

Gingerbread men and Santa Clauses actually - but that's not very summery! I also collect cocktail knives/spreaders with interesting handles.

Do you have a yarn winder and/or swift?

Nope!

Do you love sweets? What are your favorites?

I love some sweets, but shouldn't have them! I indulge sometimes though and enjoy Milka Chocolate most of all.

What are your favorite scents?

Lavender!

Where do you keep your needles/hooks?

I have a little bag my daughter got me for storing my hooks.

Do you have a wishlist (Amazon, Etsy, etc?)

No, I don't.

Having a birthday this summer?

Nope - Just had mine in March.

Are you allergic to anything??? Please let your pal know!

Nothing that would matter here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Checking out your blog so I can get your package started! Lots of good info!