6/01/2008

Summer Dishcloth Swap Questionnaire

1. Do you Knit or Crochet? For how long?

I crochet only - no knitting here, and for about the last 59 years :)

2. Do you enjoy using metal, wooden, or some other kind of needle\hook?

I like metal the best, and I really hate working with plastic. I've never really tried wood.

3. What are your favorite types of yarn? Any you just can't stand?

I don't really have a favorite - I like soft wools, cottons, silks - just about anything, I hate scratchy wools - it reminds me of ickly wool I had to wear when I was little.

4. When it comes to cotton, are there any brands you'd love to try and haven't?

Too many to name - I mostly use dishcloth cotton, and have some gotten some nice ones from pals though.

5. When you make Dishcloths, do you use them yourself, or tend to give them as gifts?

Both - I like using handmade dishcloths and towels.

6. Do you have a favorite color? Any that you dislike?

I like all colors, but I really prefer bright colors over pastels or deep shades. For example, I like fire engine red more than a deep maroon.

7. What color(s) (if any!) are your kitchen and bath decorated in?

Not really a single color; the kitchen has a deep blue for a lot of things, and the bath has a lot of sage green and cream color.

8. What are your favorite scents around the house?

I like Lavender for everything!

9. What is your very favorite thing about summer?

That it's light outside until 11 at night and that you can do things outdoors - especially here in Alaska!

10. What is your least favorite thing about summer?

The mosquitos!

11. Do you use soap or body wash in the shower?

I like body washes more than soaps, but I really enjoy either if it smells nice.

12. What scents do you enjoy in the bath?

Hrm. This is a tough one. Lavender! I also like Plumeria.

13. What is your favorite dishcloth pattern?

Not really, I enjoy trying different kinds.

14. What sort of treats do you enjoy? Sweet or Salty?

Salty more often - things like Cashews and Macadamia Nuts especially.

15. Imagine today is one of the hottest days of the year - what do you do to keep cool? Or are you one of those folks who loves the hot weather?

I LOVE the hot weather - bring it on!

16. What sorts of hobbies do you enjoy besides knitting or crocheting?

Reading, mostly, and spending time with my grandkids and the little ones I babysit.

17. Do you collect anything (besides yarn!)

Gingerbread men and Santa Clauses actually - but that's not very summery! I also collect cocktail knives/spreaders with interesting handles.

18. Are you on Ravelry? If so, share your ID!

No, I'm not.

19. Do you have any allergies?

None that would matter here.

20. Do you have any pets?

We have a family dog named Dash; an active, exciteable beagle!

1 comment:

Grace said...

Ingrid, I have been away and I wondered if your shawl arrived yet?