11/06/2007

This and that

It's been awhile since I've posted on my blog, but I do have an excuse, I have been sick. I know, it was "just" a cold but since I am a kidney transplant patient and have just about no immune system to speak of, even a cold turns into a major event. Enough said, I'm back.

KT, will post a picture of your package, and everybody, the gum is missing since my granddaughter took care of that. It was there, really.

As to the topic of the week on the coffee swap, here goes my answer: I do not remember when I had my "first" taste of coffee, but I do remember being about 10 and being on a train from Germany to the Netherlands to visit my grandparents, when the train stopped in the first Dutch station and vendors came to the windows selling coffee. This was coffee with lots of milk (for runner of a latte?) with lots of sugar and a small cookie. I tried it and loved it and for a long time I drank my coffee just like that. Once I met my husband I started drinking my coffee black because that was the way he liked it. Now I drink my coffee with creamer and I love a light roast. Here is a little sidebar. My Dad was dutch and he drank his coffee with cream and sugar all his life and all 3 of my daughters were given a cookie dunked in coffee by the time they were 4-5 months old. So they probably got their first taste of of coffee while pretty young .

I wish all of you a wonderful week. Keep warm with a good cup of coffee and I'll see you next week.

3 comments:

SissySees said...

No wonder Anne loves coffee so! She literally cut her teeth on it.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're feeling better ma - I'll help get the pictures up soon! And yup, I remember hanging on Opa even as a little girl and beggin for cookies :) kaffe tante kaffe tante!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better! Wow that's an interesting coffee story :o)

I am your Winter Wonderland Cofee Swap Spoiler and I sent you an email, just wanted to pop in here in case you didn't get that and let you know your being spoiled, LOL!