11/21/2007

Misc news

Hello everybody. So sorry for not posting in a while. I have been very busy with my Church. We collect food every Thanksgiving and in conjunction with other Churches and our local Food Bank we have a Thanksgiving Blessing. Our Church is one of the pick up points i.e. if you live at a certain zip code you come to our church with a piece of mail that shows your zip code and then you shop for your Thanksgiving dinner that feeds a family of 5. If you have a larger family then you shop for a larger family. The dinner includes everything to prepare a meal starting with turkey, vegetables, potatoes, apples, pie shells, gravy mix, dressing mix, etc.. While you wait for your turn there is coffee, tea, cake, and pie. We have a children room for coloring, drawing, books to read or be read to and face painting. If a person wishes to pray, there is a prayer room and people to pray with you.

This year we passed out 600 meals to feed 3,000 + people and city wide various churches to cover all zip codes in Anchorage served a total of 4,180 meals to feed 20,900+ people. I feel very fortunate to work with our Church and it makes my Thanksgiving so much better.

As for my family we are fine. We've had snow and will have a white Thanksgiving. Today my daughter Anne arrived in Virginia to spend Thanksgiving with her friend Chan and family. Thank you guys for giving her a family to celebrate the holiday with.

I will go to my crocheting class tonight. We will have a little party and I will post pictures in the next 2 days.

All of you have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your Thanksgiving meals went so well mom - it must feel great to know how many folks you guys were able to help out!

Annie