7/04/2007

The end nears--my vacation


Hello everybody, this will probably be the last time you will hear about my vacation. I have spent the last week here at Annie's, going swimming and just hanging out. On Friday (the 29th) was one of the highlights of my trip. A coworker (Mike) gave Annie tickets to attend the RUMC (Roswell United Methodist Church) 26th Annual Patriotic Celebration. What a treat. The Atlanta Wind Symphony (Mike's Band) was playing and the RUMC Sanctuary Choir was singing. The playing and singing of Patriotic songs was heartwarming. The Twentiana Dancers entertained us with a dance. All services were recognized and veterans were asked to stand when their anthem was played. Various little films were shown to let us know how far our country has come over the years. All I can say, what a truly inspiring evening. Thank you Mike for the tickets.

On Saturday we drove to Helen, which a friend, Alisa, had recommended I see. A small Bavarian town in the middle of Georgia. Very nice but oh so hot. This was the first time felt hot since coming to Georgia and during all my travels. We bought an ice cream cone and it melted faster than I could lick it.

On our way to Helen we found a couple of treasures, One, an outlet mall with a Coldwater Creek, Big Dog, Dressbarn and many more stores to browse thru. Oh, what fun. Annie bought me two very pretty and a black cardigan like sweater. Thank you Annie.

A bit farther down the road we came upon a roadside stand "The Tomato House". We bought fresh Georgia peaches, huge, delicious tomatoes (I'm still eating them), fresh white corn and okra. peaches, corn and okra are gone. We ate them ALL up!!

On Sunday we went downtown Atlanta to Annie's favorite yarnshop. She had fun browsing and I had fun watching her.

For the 4th of July we have planned a quite day st home. We'll eat some BBQ'd ribs, deviled eggs and potato salad together with a glass of wine to salute our country.

Thank you all for reading my blog and letting me come to your home to share my wonderful vacation with you.

I will blog about the VVS and the Dog Days of Summer swap. Until then,

Auf Wiedersehn and Good Bye.

3 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

What beautiful pictures! That fountain is gorgeous!

I hope you had a good time visiting Anne and be safe heading back home!

wildflower38 said...

The pictures are beautiful!

Delusional Knitter said...

lovely photos ... the Tomato House sounds great, my mouth is watering!!