5/07/2007

My Dishcloth Swap Questionnaire

When did you learn to knit? Who taught you?

I crochet, because I prefer it - I know how to knit, but never do. I learned to crochet in first grade in school in Germany.

What was your very first completed object? Your most recent?
First was a potholder I made when I was 6 - it was a school project. That was the first thing we learned to crochet. Most recently, I crocheted a scarf and hat for my daughter when she visited, and also 8 little hats for my girls in my girl scout troop.

What was the very first thing you sent to the frog pond? (pulled out and started over) Your most recent?

I can't remember back that far for the first thing - it was 54 years ago! :) Most recently, I had to start again on one of the many hats I made my girls.

What is currently on the needles for you?

Nothing right now, but I'm looking forward to making my dishcloth for this swap!

What types of needles do you enjoy working with? What have you tried and hated?

I don't really have a preference - I can crochet as well with metal as with plastic, and don't really prefer one to the other

Have you knit dishcloths before? Yes

What was your favorite one?

They were all the same - I crocheted them to sell at bazaars. They were just simple squares without any lace or other pattern, but they sure sold like hot cakes.

Do you use homemade dishcloths or face cloths yourself, or give them as gifts, or both?

Both

What are your favorite and least favorite scents? (For your body, such as soap/lotion/etc)

I really love lavender. I hate peach and lilac. Other than that, I don't have a big preference; I like a lot of different things.

What are your favorite colors?
Purple

What colors (if any) are your bathroom and kitchen decorated in? The bathroom is olive and beige, and the kitchen isn't really themed, but appliances are black and we get a lot of things in blue.

What other hobbies and crafts do you enjoy?

All kinds - just about anything. I enjoy thinking of projects for my girl scout troop and kids I babysit.

Chocolate: Dark? White? Milk? Ew? Ew, most of the time. I can enjoy a good piece now and then, but really can't get the kinds I love in the US easily. I like Milka from Germany, and it's not always to easy to find.

Do you like salty treats? What kinds? I like cashews and macadamia nuts, and Hawaiian chips that come in a purple bag - I think they're from Tim's.

If you could go anywhere in the world for one day and spend the day any way you wanted, where would you go and what would you do?

I would go somewhere warm and bask in the sun and enjoy a book.

Do you have any allergies? (Yarns, foods, etc. that might impact what your pal can send) No, unless you planning on sending penicillen! :p

2 comments:

Martina in AK said...

Hi, Ingrid! Glad you are joining the swap.
Tee hee!

SissySees said...

Hi there! I'm looking forward to meeting you in a couple of weeks!